The Start of a blog

 Hello everyone,

First blog, first day, first post.

I've always fancied being a blogger, but didn't have and still don't have any idea what I am supposed to be blogging about. I mean, I have a lot of stuff to say but who would be interested in reading the ramblings of a ukulele playing, vegan, nature loving Yorkshire woman?  Lets hope someone does or else I will just be blogging to myself.

As far as the nature loving bit goes, I started to appreciate it a lot more when we were all ordered to stay home at the start of the lockdown in 2019.

 The sound of silence (nod to the great duo there!), was magnified and I loved it; no traffic, no planes, no chatter etc etc. But I suddenly became acutely aware of the sounds of nature which seemed to have notched up in decibels, and my love affair with Terry and Rob began.

Before anyone thinks this blog is going down a different path, let me be clear....... Terry is a squirrel and Rob is well, a robin! These little guys became daily companions to me, at least in my mind they did. I think they were just after the free food and didn't give a monkey's that I had christened them and believed they were coming when I called them.  "Here Rob-a-Rob" was the main phrase anyone would have heard me saying at least 50 times a day, if there had been anyone around of course, I mean everyone was doing the Great Indoors thing.

I flooded my IG and FB with the daily activities of their visits and escapades and people loved seeing them. Which just encouraged my belief that I actually was some sort of modern day Doolittle.

Then, I thought I would try to take up a bit of photography ....... more on that another time I think.

I think I will leave it for today, leave you all wanting more, the reality is I am on a time limit and ive got to get to the shops before the crowds get too much. ( Has anyone else discovered a dislike of shopping with other people around ?)


Alison xxx


Comments

  1. Looking forward to the next instalment 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can’t wait to hear more about Terry and Rob!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment